Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Follow-up on the election

I just wanted to follow up on my opinion about the outcome of the election. I can't say that I am real happy about the outcome of the election, but the people have spoken. President-Elect Obama is now my President too. I do carry some fear of what the next four years may bring to this country, but I am convinced that we will survive and thrive. As I told OttavaRima, this country is great not because of the people in Washington, but in spite of them. This country has survived a Civil War, two World Wars, the Great Depression, the Cold War, the Carter administration, the tragedy of 9/11/01, and countless other disasters ... we will survive the current situation, either because of an Obama administration, or in spite of it. America is the greatest nation in the world. We will survive and, despite the current economic situation, we will thrive. I am committed to seeing the glass as half-full instead of half-empty. I am glad to see a black man take the oath of office for the most powerful job in the world. Politics aside, this is a great and historical time for America. I pray for Obama to have the wisdom to make the correct decisions for the country the same way that I prayed for all those that came before him, and most of all I pray that we can all get along. I hope that we can move past all the bitter partisanship that has run rampant for the last several years. I will give credit to him for the things that we agree on, and I will be part of the loyal opposition on the things that we disagree on.

May God bless Obama, and may God bless the USA.

Until next time,

-VoR-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear!

Hope you're having a good new year so far, VoR!

January 17, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home